1. Chemical recycling complements traditional mechanical recycling processes, and is part of a suite of existing and emerging technologies to treat the waste problem, with the advantage of being able to treat waste that is not economically viable via traditional mechanical recycling. Chemical recycling is a broader term to cover varying technologies.
2. ChemRecEurope welcomes the FEAD’s conclusion on the definition of recycling and the use of chemically recycled output product as fuels would be classed as energy recovery, not recycling.
3. The chemical recycling sector is committed to providing an independent LCA, as soon as industry enables this, to highlight and establish the value for the environment created by chemical recycling.
4. Chemical recycling is a scalable industry, with many commercial scale plants currently in development across Europe, with global partner recognition and investment.
5. Chemically recycled output product created from plastic feedstock should comply with legal provisions such as REACH.
To read the full article: https://bit.ly/2XtYPy2